Ten of the best Android apps for education

Here, we've compiled a list of some of the best education-related apps for Google Android devices

Ten of the best Android apps for education

Name: Grade Book for Professors PRO
Cost: $4.99
Features: Use the primary grade book on Google spreadsheets and sync it to all of your devices. Easily eMail grades to students and PIN-protect grades against accidental loss.
Best For: Teachers who want a new way to streamline the grading process and a way to consistently backup their grades.

< Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next >

Comments:

1. brokenairplane

March 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I have been unable to find any other phone that compares to the number of applications for education as the Android OS. With App Inventor and the resources out there, it is possible for anyone who is interested to make an application. One of my robotics students yesterday completed his first app and those are skills that will last him a lifetime. So apps for ed are great but so are learning to make apps.

I keep a growing list of free Android apps on my blog. As a teacher, I use these in my class or in my life and I have found that many others do as well. If you have any to add, please let me know.

2. brokenairplane

March 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm

3. msmartinolt7

March 25, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Evernote is a great app. You can share your notes with your classes. My coworker uses it to post agendas and homework for his kids to check so they always know what is happening in the next class.

4. msmartinolt7

March 25, 2011 at 3:42 pm

5. andycullison

March 26, 2011 at 7:33 am

Thanks for including Grade Book for Professors on your list! In addition to the paid version, we have a full version of the app that is free.

I suppose I should also note that we have an attendance app and two grading tool apps – all free.

6. andycullison

March 26, 2011 at 7:33 am

7. gryffin72

March 28, 2011 at 11:16 am

Calculus Tools is an incredible app. As the name implies, it is for calculus teachers/students. I haven’t used EVERYTHING it does, but a sample: arc length, surfaces of revolution, integrals, derivatives, as well a table of integrals for reference. FREE.

8. gryffin72