Register |  Lost Password?
Facebook twitter Linked in
September 8th, 2011
Post to Twitter
Email Email   

Mom fights to have special education son held back after school tries to pass him to sixth grade

A Bronx 11-year-old will start middle school Thursday-even though his mom says he’s not ready, the New York Daily News reports. Special education student Cristian Colon had a hard time last year in fifth grade at Public School 108, struggling to read and failing his state exams. Still he was moved up to the sixth grade.

“They are insisting on promoting him when he can’t even handle third, fourth and fifth grade,” his mom, Rose Colon, said…

Click here for the full story

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

My eSchool News provides you the latest news by the categories you select.
Customize your news now. You must be logged in to view your customized news.
Watch this short video to learn more about My eSchool News.
Username:
Password:    
Register |  Lost Password?