Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
May 31st, 2012
BYOD through Virtualization
How do you get to BYOD and 1:1 computing? Hardware controller-based wireless networks aren’t set up for the influx of wireless devices, extra security needed, and increased bandwidth.
Virtualization is the answer. With a virtual wireless network (vWLAN), you gain scale, centralized control and management, security, and lower cost of ownership.
Benefits of ADTRAN Bluesocket vWLAN
• Cost-effective scalability (1,500 APs / 48,000 users with a single software controller)
• Centralized control at the district level
• Security at the network edge
• Seamless integration of wired infrastructure and legacy access points
• Simplified deployment with self-configuring access points
• Integrated Guest Access module at no extra cost
vWLAN is a next-generation wireless architecture harnessing the power of VMware for simplified scalability. ADTRAN’s Bluesocket vWLAN centralizes the management and control functions within a virtual software instance, and removes the complexities of dealing with controller-based architectures and capacity limitations. Now, you can manage the wireless network across the entire school district, all from a single location. Combined with vWLAN’s unmatched security, integrated guest access, and unique ability to manage users coming in from wired ports or legacy APs, you have a solution that truly maximizes savings and ROI. Learn more at www.adtran.com/eSchool.