Tackling School Bullying
In America alone, approximately 160,000 children miss school every day owing to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Bullying will be this generation’s greatest social problem, if we don’t recognize its complexity and create systems to address its impact—and this new publication aims to help.
In this latest STAR (School Technology Action Report), “Tackling School Bullying: What you need to know about bullying and cyber bullying legislation, prevention, and best practices,” the editors of eSchool Media Inc.—with support from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt—highlight what every school needs to know about the current legal issues surrounding, and how schools are managing, bullying and cyber bullying, and how communities and companies can help combat this growing epidemic.
After reading this report, you’ll know more about:
• Research on safety education
• Expert testimony on what it means to be safe and bully-free online
• Information about freedom-of-speech issues
• Federal policies concerning bullying
• Best practices for how to respond to and prevent bullying in schools and online