Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
October 18th, 2012
Press Release: Connections Education, Leading Virtual Education Provider, Featured at iNACOL’s 2012 “Virtual School Symposium”
Connections Education, Leading Virtual Education Provider, Featured at iNACOL’s 2012 “Virtual School Symposium”
– Educators Tapped to Share Virtual Learning Expertise at Premier K–12 Online and Blended Learning Event –
BALTIMORE, October 4, 2012 – Connections Education (www.ConnectionsEducation.com), the leading virtual education provider, will be featured this fall at the nation’s premier K–12 online and blended event, the 2012 “Virtual School Symposium,” taking place from October 21–24 in New Orleans. Hosted by the International Association for K–12 Online Learning (iNACOL), the leading non-profit membership K–12 e-learning association, the Virtual School Symposium is the nation’s top annual gathering of representatives from national, state, district, private, and other virtual school programs.
Executives and educators from Connections Education, part of Pearson (www.pearson.com), have been selected by iNACOL to share their expertise in K–12 online and blended learning at the summit, which will focus on the theme “Inventing the Future of Learning.” The Company’s presentations and sessions will address the hottest issues in today’s K–12 online and blended learning environment:
• “Administration and Management of Virtual School Programs”—Donna Hutchison, vice president of State Relations, participating in panel
• “Evaluation of K–12 Online and Blended Learning Programs”—Caroline Wood, principal, Louisiana Connections Academy, and Mickey Revenaugh, executive vice president for Connections Learning, on panel
• “How to Communicate with Legislators and Policy Makers”—Donna Hutchison, vice president of State Relations, on panel
• “Online Learning for Students with Disabilities and Other Diverse Learners”—Marjorie Rofel, senior director of Student Services, on panel
• “New Learning Models: Making Learning Personal”—Mickey Revenaugh, executive vice president for Connections Learning, on panel
• “Unique Like Me: Specialized Virtual Academies from a Student’s Viewpoint”—Judy Campf, assistant director of Instruction, and students (virtually)
• “The Cowboy State’s Milestone Approach to Funding Online Learning”—Ben Kolb, principal of Wyoming Connections Academy and Wyoming Connections Academy Teachers, Shannon Skelcher and Jeannette McCoy
• “How Teacher Leaders Overcome Virtual School Challenges”—Allison Reaves, executive director of South Carolina Connections Academy
• “Teacher Evaluation in the Real Virtual World”—Peter Robertson, vice president for Schools, Kerri Wright and Heather Noto, assistant principals for Arizona Connections Academy
• “The New Teacher’s Lounge: Collaborative Communication for Online Educators”—James Brauer, principal of Iowa Connections Academy
More than 2,000 educators are expected to attend the Virtual School Symposium, to learn about the latest trends, challenges and opportunities in e-learning; interact in session presentations; and gain access to the latest research and best practices reports.
About Connections Education
Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012–13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K–12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE:PSO).
Allison Bazin, Connections Education Public Relations
Sandy Burke, Athena Public Relations