Press Release: Featured Speakers Announced for 2012 SIIA Ed Tech Business Forum
Featured Speakers Announced for 2012 SIIA Ed Tech Business Forum
Conference to Explore Strategies for Doing Business in ‘Seismic Change’
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Nov. 15, 2012) – Industry leaders from key ed tech firms will help education technology companies do business during today’s seismic market changes at the 12th annual Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) Ed Tech Business Forum, from Nov. 26-27 in New York City.
The theme for the Forum is “Doing Business During Seismic Change” – a particularly relevant topic in a rapidly changing education ecosystem. The Forum will focus on the economic landscape, so companies can leverage the seismic changes in the way education customers are accessing content, curriculum, and administrative tools.
Featured on the schedule are general sessions that address topics such as:
- What Do We Really Know about the Seismic Shift in Ed Tech?
- Karen Billings, Vice President, Education Division, SIIA
- Where Venture Capitalists Are Investing: Ignition Points in Ed Tech
- Frank Bonsal, General Partner, New Markets Venture Partners
- Karen Buckner, Partner and Chief Operating Officer, MK Capital
- Josh Cohen, Managing Partner, City Light Capital
- Matthew Witheiler, Principal, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Innovation Incubator Finalists Presentation Reviews
- Shauntel Poulson, Senior Analyst, NewSchools Venture Fund
- Ron Reed, Principal, SXSWedu
- John Cammack, Managing Partner, Cammack Associates LLC
- Michael Cohn, Vice President, GSV Advisors
- Barbara Kurshan, Executive Director of Academic Innovation, University of Pennsylvania
- Who’s Buying Whom – and Why? The Latest in the World of M&A
- Rob Healy, Managing Partner, Chicago Growth Partners
- Diana Rhoten, CSO, Amplify
- Advice from Key Players: Investing in the Future
- Luyen Chou, Chief Product Officer, K-12 Technology Group, Pearson
- Vineet Madan, Senior Vice President, New Ventures & Strategic Services, McGraw-Hill Education
The SIIA Ed Tech Business Forum is the leading business and finance conference for the K-12 and postsecondary education markets. In addition to the keynote address and panel sessions, the Forum will include:
- A special Speed Networking event, where participants can quickly get to know other participants.
- Innovation Incubator Presentations and Showcase, where a crop of new-to-market products will be demonstrated, and participants will network with leaders of emerging ed tech companies and developers of ground-breaking products.
- One-to-One Business Connections, where ed tech company executives seeking growth can meet with key investors and potential partners.
For more information about the 2012 SIIA Ed Tech Business Forum, details regarding the Innovation Incubators program, or to register to attend, visit: www.siia.net/etbf.
Media and bloggers interested in attending the conference should contact Laura Greenback at 410.533.1943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIIA appreciates the support of host sponsor American Public University.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 500 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide software, digital content and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.
• Laura Greenback, SIIA Communications, 410-533-1943, email@example.com
• Saul Hafenbredl, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x25, firstname.lastname@example.org