Mountain View, Calif. (Feb. 4, 2013) – Ever wish you could be a fly on the wall? Or at least be a fly with access to an advanced analytics solution that makes you feel like a fly on the wall?
Shmoop, a publisher of digital curriculum and test prep, has a new product that will make all thousand lenses of your fly eyes … bug out. Now those of you with a Shmoop license can keep tabs on your students – or, if you’re an administrator, keep tabs on your teachers. Shmoop Analytics – a tool in the same vein as Google Analytics – will give you instant access to oodles of informative data. Buzz on down to the bullet points to learn all the deets.
Shmoop Analytics allows you to:
- View user activity. One of your students logging on every day for three hours? Someone else checking in just long enough to earn their “Minimum Effort” badge for Boy Scouts? Shmoop Analytics will open a magical portal so you can see all their comings and goings.
- View student progress. Your students are taking the online drills – great. But how are they doing on them? Use Analytics to get a sense of how well everyone’s performing on the exams, and where they need work. Some of your students may be falling behind – now you can catch ‘em.
- Identify top schools, classrooms and students using Shmoop. Feel like you’re alone in the Shmoop universe? Don’t be. Here you can see who else is in the same boat that you are. You can also keep an eye on them to make sure no one is hoarding the life vests.
- Print and export data. Let’s kill some trees, y’all! Online stuff is nice, but let’s be honest – sometimes you just need to hold the facts in your cold, dead hands. (You might want to invest in a new moisturizer.)
- Amuse yourself with graphs and charts. Shmoop has more tables and pie charts than it knows what to do with. Take some off its hands. Please.
Now’s your chance to be that fly on a virtual wall, and, as The Police say, you’ll be able to see “every breath [they] take, every move [they] make.” Okay, it’s a little stalkerish, but perfectly legal. Check out Shmoop Analytics. Get your graph on.
Shmoop is a digital curriculum and test prep company that makes fun, rigorous learning and teaching materials. Shmoop content is written by master teachers and Ph.D. students from Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and other top universities. Shmoop Learning Guides, Test Prep, and Teacher’s Editions balance a teen-friendly, approachable style with academically rigorous materials to help students understand how subjects relate to their daily lives. Shmoop offers more than 7,000 titles across the Web, iPhone, Android devices, iPad, Kindle, Nook, and Sony Reader. The company has been honored twice by the Webby Awards and was named “Best in Tech” for 2010 and 2011 by Scholastic Administrator. Launched in 2008, Shmoop is headquartered in a labradoodle-patrolled office in Mountain View, California.
• Emily Embury, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x19, firstname.lastname@example.org