Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
February 8th, 2013
Learning in the Cloud – East Leyden High School Goes 1:1 with Google Chromebooks
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Time: 4:00pm EST / 1:00pm PST
Duration: 1 hour
In this webinar, you’ll hear directly from the principal, tech specialists, and students at East Leyden High School about how they successfully built and launched a 1:1 program for all 3,500 students in their school district in the Chicago suburb of Franklin Park, Illinois. You’ll learn about Leyden’s Digital Evolution, a campaign to help students keep up with the changing times and enhance their educational experience, and how Chromebooks were chosen (after reviewing other tech options) to help them do so.
Learn how Google Chromebooks for Education allow schools, like East Leyden, to use the power and simplicity of the web for unlimited teaching and learning opportunities and to engage all constituents from parents, students, teachers, and administrators. Chromebooks are great for the classroom and beyond for dynamic learning environments, easy scalable IT management, and the unique ability to harness the best of the web to fit school’s curriculum and student achievement goals.
- Learn about the unique benefits and features of Google Chromebooks for Education
- Hear first hand experience of why the district selected Google Chromebooks and Apps for Education as their best platform for collaborative learning
- Learn how Google Chromebooks, Apps for Education, and other web tools can be used to improve student learning, collaboration, and innovation
- Learn how the school district put the ingredients, like professional development, in place for a successful pilot and then roll out
- Be able to pose their questions to Leyden and Google
Leyden High School District 212, Illinois
Attend this webinar and receive a certificate of attendance towards your professional development hours. For more information please email Shana Murik at email@example.com.