WINTER PARK, FL, February 11, 2013 – Full Sail University is proud to announce that 18 graduates worked on 13 GRAMMY®-winning projects across 14 categories at the 55th Annual GRAMMY® Awards (www.grammy.com), which aired live from the Staples Center on CBS, Sunday, February 10, 2013.
In total, 61 Full Sail graduates were credited on 47 artists’ projects that were nominated in 36 separate categories. Of these 61 graduates, two were personally recognized.
GRAMMY®-winning projects that Full Sail graduates contributed to include:
• Best Traditional R&B Performance (Beyonce –“Love On Top” track from 4)
• Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album (Paul McCartney – Kisses on the Bottom)
• Best R&B Performance (Usher – “Climax” track from Looking for Myself)
• Best Pop Vocal Album (Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
• 4 Recording Arts graduates worked on Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange, winner for Best Urban Contemporary Album.
• 2 Recording Arts graduates worked on Drake’s Take Care, winner for Best Rap Album.
• 2 Recording Arts graduates worked on Esperanza Spalding’s Radio Music Society, winner for Best Jazz Vocal Album.
• 2 Recording Arts graduates worked on Jimmy Cliff’s Rebirth, winner for Best Reggae Album.
• Additional alumni were also credited on the winners for Best Pop Instrumental Album (Chris Botti – Impressions), Best Jazz Ensemble Album (Arturo Sandoval –Dear Diz (Every Day I Think Of You), Best Gospel Album (Lecrae – Gravity), Best Contemporary Christian Music Album (Toby Mac – Eye On It), Best Latin Pop Album (Juanes –MTV Unplugged Deluxe Edition), and Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists (Esperanza Spalding – “City Of Roses” track from Radio Music Society).
In addition, Full Sail graduates have mixed, recorded, or assisted on 17 GRAMMY®-winning Album of the Year releases over the past 22 years.
“Each year we gather to watch and celebrate the Full Sail University graduates who have been involved with the creation of GRAMMY®-nominated and winning projects, and each year we are filled with a sense of joy in witnessing the success of our alumni,” said Garry Jones, president of Full Sail University. “Congratulations to all of our graduates who were recognized at this year’s GRAMMY awards.”
About Full Sail University:
Full Sail University is an award-winning educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment and media industry. Founded in 1979, Full Sail has been recognized as one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs by Electronic Gaming Monthly, one of the Best Music Programs by Rolling Stone Magazine, and one of the Best Film Programs by UNleashed Magazine. In 2011, Full Sail received the “21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning Award” from the United States Distance Learning Association, was named the “School/College of the Year” by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Social Media Colleges by Studentadvisor.com.
Full Sail offers on-campus and online Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree programs in areas related to animation, art, business, education, graphic design, film, marketing, web development, music, recording arts, sports, and video games. Full Sail graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy®, GRAMMY®, ADDY®, MTV Video Music Award, and Spike Video Game Award nominated and winning projects.