Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
Awards for favorite teachers
My Favorite Teacher Contest
Students write an essay, poem, or thank-you letter (500 words or less, in English on 8.5″ x 11″ white paper) sharing how a teacher has influenced their life and why they appreciate and admire them. Each entry should be submitted with the entry form and a parent or legal guardian must sign the entry form acknowledging that they have read the Official Contest Rules.
- Grant Organization: Barnes and Noble
- Contact URL: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/...
- Eligibility: Middle and high school students
- Grant Deadline: Friday March 1st, 2013
- Grant Value: The students who author the winning essays, poems, or thank-you letters will receive a certificate of recognition and be honored at their local store during a ceremony for the winning teachers from their schools. The winning teachers will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement. Five regional winners will receive a NOOK eReader and a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. The winner of the "Barnes & Noble Teacher of the Year" award will receive $5,000 and will be recognized at a special event at a Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher's school will receive $5,000 as well.