Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
August 28th, 2013
10 school solutions for mobile device management
[Listed in alphabetical order]
1. Absolute Software: Absolute Manage, with a special component called Manage MDM. Absolute Manage allows schools and districts to persistently manage and secure all of their endpoints from a single console, including PC, Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. IT can replace multiple systems with a single solution so they can determine the status of each device, conduct typical IT maintenance routines, manage student devices, and take immediate action if required.
Watch Absolute Manage MDM’s demo
2. AirWatch: With AirWatch, track all mobile assets across your institution, configure policies and settings, distribute apps, and secure access to school networks and resources all through the web-based console. AirWatch allows IT administrators to ensure devices are compliant with school policies and monitor violations in real time. Features include a focus on education with education discounts available, multi-tenant architecture, Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) integration, secure locker content, and many more education-related features.
AirWatch demo for Apple Integrator (AirWatch works with all non-Apple devices, as well):
3. Amtel: When schools manage mobile phones and tablets with Amtel’s mobile device management (MDM) solution, features include:
- Mobile Device Security, Mobile Apps Management, & Mobile Content Management
- An organically developed modular platform. Modules include cloud-based rapid deployment, BYOD and self-enrollment, security policy management, mobile email, mobile app management, secure content sharing, geofencing security, enterprise app store, Apple configurator remote management, emergency notification services, and lost device and GPS location tracking.
- Access control and security management
- Comprehensive mobile app and content management
- A secure private cloud with SSAE 16 Type II compliance
- Efficient mobile device management of both corporate-liable and BYOD
- Coordination across Apple iOS, Mac OS X, Android, Blackberry, Symbian & Windows devices, including mobile phones, smart phones and tablets – even MacBook, iMac, & Mac mini.
- Human support customer service
Case study: “Amtel Preps Charter School for Mobile Revolution.”
Amtel’s MDM in three easy steps: