Instructional Services Promote Robust Engagement with Edgenuity’s Online Curriculum
Scottsdale, AZ – September 25, 2013 – Edgenuity is helping schools and districts use online and blended learning to ensure an engaging, student-centered educational experience through a robust set of Instructional Services offerings that can be customized to accommodate a wide variety of programs and settings. Whether a district is implementing a supplemental online course program or establishing its own full-time virtual school, Edgenuity’s consultative approach takes the needs of each school into account, working with schools to implement programs that meet their specific academic goals. For example:
• In Florida, Edgenuity Instructional Services is helping schools and districts meet a variety of student needs, from providing the course and virtual teacher for students taking honors classes to handling full-time enrollment for students in partnership with several large districts.
• In Virginia, Edgenuity provided courses and virtual teachers for a parent-pay, completely virtual summer school program for students in partnership with a large suburban district.
• In Indiana and Ohio, several schools are using Edgenuity as a core curriculum provider, in addition to using Edgenuity’s virtual teachers to augment their teaching staff for hard-to-staff electives.
Each of these programs is being implemented through Edgenuity’s robust Instructional Services teaching model that includes the following:
• State-certi¬fied, highly quali¬fied Virtual Instructors who serve as the teacher for a group of students. Virtual Instructors proactively communicate with students, parents and classroom facilitators through email, chat, text, and phone. Additionally, through Edgenuity’s relentless focus on student achievement data, teachers efficiently tailor their instruction for individual students or small groups.
• Lead Teachers who evaluate, monitor, and mentor Virtual Instructors and serve as managers for student, parent and facilitator questions and concerns.
• Dedicated Concept Coaches who provide real time, on-demand tutoring in core subject areas through interactive chat tools.
“Edgenuity’s online courses cater to the way students, as digital natives, learn today. Engaging videos and interactive instructional learning content entice and interest them in the learning experience,” said Jeff Rothenberger, Program Administrator at Berks County Intermediate Unit in Reading, Pennsylvania. “Our success rate for students completing work and producing passing scores has increased with the use of Edgenuity.”
“Our Instructional Services offerings were developed to accommodate the needs of almost any school or program, helping educators maximize the impact and effectiveness of online learning to increase student achievement,” said Sari Factor, CEO of Edgenuity. “Using real-time data, we’re able to put teachers in a position where they can not only respond to students who have questions, but proactively reach out to those that may need extra attention. Our experience has shown more proactive, direct communication with students drives better student outcomes.”
Edgenuity (formerly E2020, Inc) provides engaging online education solutions that propel success for every student, empower every teacher to deliver more effective instruction, and enable schools and districts to meet their academic goals. Edgenuity delivers a range of Core Curriculum, AP®, Elective, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and Credit Recovery courses aligned to the rigor and high expectations of state, Common Core and iNACOL standards and designed to inspire life-long learning. Fully flexible for use in any blended or online learning model, Edgenuity supports an environment where personalized learning is possible. With 185 semester-long courses and growing, Edgenuity has already driven outcomes for more than one million students in schools and districts across the country. For more information, and to see Edgenuity in action, visit Edgenuity.com.
Sloane & Company