WASHINGTON, D.C. (Nov. 14, 2013) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today announced new members of its Education Division Board of Directors. These newly elected and appointed executives from SIIA member companies represent a broad spectrum of corporate interests, and their visionary leadership will help guide the education technology industry during this time of seismic change.
As board members, these individuals represent more than 180 SIIA Education Division member firms that provide educational software applications, digital content, online learning services, and related technologies across the K-20 sector. The new board members will help develop initiatives and determine the projects, activities, and events the Education Division will undertake in 2014 and beyond.
“This board represents some of the education technology industry’s leading influencers, voices, and advocates,” said Karen Billings, SIIA Education Division vice president. Education Board co-chairs Mimi Jett, Avant Assessment, and Bruce Wilcox, Carolina Science Online, join Billings in welcoming the new members, saying “We value the opportunity to work collectively with the new members on advancing our industry’s interests and look forward to their support in SIIA’s thought leadership initiatives.”
Newly elected board members are:
- Lisa Barnett, Chief Executive Officer, Atomic Learning, Inc.
- Adam Hall, President and CEO, Nervanix
- Chad Johnson, Managing Director, Cherry Tree Companies
- Christopher Lohse, Vice President, Strategic Affairs, Pearson
- Paula Maylahn, Principal, Paula Maylahn Consulting
- Jeff Livingston, SVP, Ed Policy, Strategic Alliances, McGraw-Hill Education
- Cheryl Toto, Senior Vice President, Content and Product Innovation, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Joyce Whitby, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Monarch Teaching Technologies
- Randy Wilhelm, CEO and Co-Founder, Knovation
Newly appointed board members are:
- John Bower, Chief Executive Officer, uBoost
- Katie Gilligan, VP/GM Publisher Services, TextHelp
- Edie Perkins, VP of Int’l Product Development, Scholastic Inc.
- Susan Silveira, Staff Manager, Business Development, Qualcomm
- David Stevenson, Vice President, Government Relations, Amplify
Board members serving one more year of their elected two-year terms are:
- Susan Adelmann, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, Follett School and Library Group
- Diana Gowen, Alliance Manager, Intel
- Mimi Jett, Vice President, Business Development, Avant Assessment
- Andy Ross, Vice President, FLVS Global Division, Florida Virtual School
- Mitch Weisburgh, Managing Partner, Academic Business Advisors, LLC
- Bruce Wilcox, Vice President of Carolina Science Online, Carolina Biological Supply Co.
- Cathy Zier, Vice President of Content, Channel & Alliances, Promethean
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 800 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide software, digital content, and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities, and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.
• Laura Greenback, SIIA Communications, 202-789-4461, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saul Hafenbredl, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x25, email@example.com