Register |  Lost Password?
eSchool News
eSchool News Logo
Welcome to the Educator's Resource Center

Personalized Learning: How Technology Can Help

onetoone-assessmentsNo two students are the same; each brings their own interests, learning modalities, strengths, and prior knowledge of the topic at hand. Addressing students’ individual learning needs in the classroom has always been a key challenge for educators—but new instructional technologies can help.

With student polling software, for instance, teachers can get an accurate, immediate view of each learner’s progress—a concept known as “feedback for learning”—and can tailor their instruction to meet students’ individual needs in real time. And putting mobile technology in the hands of every child allows students to explore their own interests and opens a whole world of self-guided instruction.

With the generous support of Promethean, we’ve assembled this collection of stories to help you use technology to personalize learning for students in your own schools.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS
To receive a link archive of these resources to save or forward,
please enter your eMail address here.



eSchool News Articles

What you should know about personalized education

We’ve seen or heard about it all over the internet. Blogs and forums discussing the future of education. Learning gurus all over the world making predictions about social…

Four tools for personalizing your classroom

Erica Snyder, a Digital Learning Designer for the New Tech Network, shares four ed-tech tools to personalize the classroom.…

Connecting kids with today’s changing tech tools

Improved learning is a concern for our nation. Our economic prosperity depends on it, as does our strength as a nation. To improve learning in the 21st Century,…

Hybrid learning’s promise for personalized education

Some technology trends are just that: trends and fads. Others--like hybrid learning--have sticking power, because they enable students and teachers to personalize teaching and learning.

In recent…

Mobile tech offers potential for formative assessment, authentic learning

It is increasingly evident that policy makers and educators should not ignore the fact that mobile technology holds great potential for student engagement, continuous formative assessment, and authentic…

Personalized learning a key theme from 2013 ISTE conference

Personalized learning a key theme from 2013 ISTE conference

How technology can provide opportunities for more personalized learning that meets each student’s unique needs was a key theme to emerge from the exhibit hall of the 2013…

Laptops, personalized learning replace lectures in schools

Laptops, personalized learning replace lectures in schools

Last year, Kim Crosby spent about 80 percent of her class time teaching math concepts at Waukesha STEM Academy in Wisconsin. For the other 20 percent, she helped…

Additional Resources

ClassFlow – Creat. Connect. Achieve

Designed specifically for teachers, ClassFlow™ is a revolutionary cloud-based application that makes lesson planning more efficient and lesson delivery more meaningful by connecting mobile devices such as tablets and laptops to SMART Boards, Promethean ActivBoards and other interactive classroom displays.
 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS