Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
The ten ‘Golden Rules’ of Google Apps for Education
6. Encourage your students to work cooperatively with their peers through group projects using Google Presentations. Each student can add his or her own contribution seamlessly to create a dynamic group presentation.
7. Inspire your students by inviting guest speakers to address your class remotely through Google Hangouts. Bring your subjects to life in a way your students can understand. For example, have a video chat with a dream analysis expert when doing a unit on Freud in your Psych 101 class.
8. Understand your students better using the survey feature in Forms. Assess their current needs and what they are interested in to help you better set up your lesson plan.
9. Connect with administrators, teachers, and other educational professionals in your city, state, and around the country through User Groups. Learn from each other about the transformative power of this program.
10. Explore the many ways you can use Google Apps for Education. The number of resources available to help you find ways to incorporate this powerful platform into your educational planning is growing every day. One (hint, hint) is our newest eBook, “Mastering Google for the Classroom.” Take advantage of as many resources as you can to make your program the best that it can be. Never stop learning.
Rob May is CEO of Backupify, a leading provider of backup and recovery solutions for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.