PITTSBURG, Kansas (January 30, 2014) – One teacher committed to helping each student; one student engaged in learning – this is the driving force behind Pitsco Education’s creation of hands-on, STEM-based products and curriculum for the 2014 Big Book catalog.
Whether an educator is looking for a project for an entire class or just one student, the Big Book offers plenty of such activities, including several new ones:
• Mini Maglev Student Demonstrator – An affordable desktop maglev track and car for teaching the principle of magnetic levitation.
• Sun Ray Car Kit – A cool reimagining of the Ray Catcher Solar Car that enables students to change gear combinations and customize the look.
• Win-Win Detector – A race finish detector to clear up once and for all who won – and it works with most launchers and kits that race on a line.
• National Instruments Action Packs – Combining activities, curriculum, and myDAQ miniSystems, these action packs use interactive LabVIEW™ software to focus on Heat Transfer, Structures & Earthquakes, and Power & Energy.
These are just a few highlights from 340 pages of products featured in easy-to-peruse sections: Dragsters, Aerospace, Sustainable Energy, Structures, Physical Science, Robotics, Engineering, Math, and STEM. Pitsco activities engage each student, small groups of students, and your whole class in relevant learning. Our mission is to be the one resource for all of your instructional needs. Put the power of Pitsco to work for you and your students today.
To learn more about these and other activities, request a free copy of the 2014 Big Book catalog by calling 800-835-0686 or request/download it at www.pitsco.com.
• Catalog request: http://aux.pitsco.com/forms/CatalogRequest.aspx
• Click to Tweet: What’s the Power of One? Find out in the 2014 Big Book catalog, where hundreds of STEM activities await teachers.
• Images: For high-resolution images, visit http://www.pitsco.com/About/News.aspx or email Publicrelations@pitsco.com.
Pitsco Education is the leading provider of age-appropriate, student-centered K-12 STEM learning solutions. Our standards-based curriculum, products, equipment, and materials promote student success through positive and challenging learning experiences, and our hands-on solutions teach core concepts and career skills in science, technology, engineering, and math.
# # #