Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
Prizes for projects about cultural traditions
2014 Junior Folklorist Challenge
This challenge asks participants to examine a local or regional tradition through the eyes of a community tradition bearer and create a video, podcast or slide show to share the story. Cultural traditions students might explore range from dance, games and handicrafts to cooking, storytelling, customs, distinctive jobs, and more. Comprehensive supporting materials reinforce real world folklorist skills by defining terms, providing examples, tips, and organizational tools, and walking students through professional interview and story-shaping processes. Participants also have access to Smithsonian professional folklorists.
- Grant Organization: Smithsonian and ePals
- Contact URL: http://www.epals.com/challenge...
- Eligibility: Kids ages 8-18 worldwide
- Grant Deadline: Monday May 26th, 2014
- Grant Value: Digital cameras and other prizes