Find the Latest Resources in Education Today
Press Release: Rourke Educational Media’s New Spanish Library-Bound Collections Fill Void in K-12 Marketplace
VERO BEACH, Fla. (June 18, 2014) – Filling a void in the K-12 informational text marketplace, Rourke Educational Media announced it is introducing library-bound Spanish collections with science, history and social skills titles targeted for students in kindergarten and elementary and middle schools.
“There’s a great lack of hardcover titles such as these at those grade levels as almost all of the available titles are in English,” said Luana Mitten, director of instructional services, Rourke Educational Media. “These texts give the students an opportunity to build content in their first language.”
Here is a closer look at the newly released hardcover Spanish series:
• Green Earth Science Discovery Library (grades K-2). Designed to introduce young students to the importance of being green, the series of six titles explains eco-friendly practices in easy-to-understand language and supports age-appropriate science concepts. Titles available are: “Helping Habitats,” “Growing Up Green,” “Water World,” “Cleaning Up the Earth,” “Trees: Earth’s Lungs,” and “My Green Lunch.”
• How Can I Experiment With…? (grades 3-6). Designed for educators teaching the scientific method and experimental procedure, this series gives students a meaningful background in basic science concepts. The series’ four titles are: “…Electricity?” “…Force and Motion?” “…Sound?” and “…Light?”
• My Science Library (grades K-4). The series taps into kids’ curiosity while building important science content knowledge. All content correlates to NSTA’s Science Standards of Life Science, Earth and Space, Matter, Nature of Science, and Forces, Motion and Energy. The 12-title series includes, “How Ecosystems Work,” “Studying Our Earth In and Out,” “Let’s Classify Organisms,” and “The Night Sky.”
• Let’s Explore Science (grades 4-8). The series addresses such topics as the environment, solar system, and genetics. Among the 27 titles are, “Thanks, NASA,” “Food From the Sun,” “Climate and Weather,” “Exploring the Solar System,” “The Earth and the Role of Water,” and “Turn on the Light: How Electricity Works.”
• History of America (grades 4-6). The series brings America’s early history to life, while each text is filled with engaging images, maps and facts. Among the six titles are “Exploring the Territories of the United States,” “The Spanish in Early America,” and “Immigrants to America.”
• Little World Social Skills (grades K-2). The texts are filled with important lessons and real-world examples outlining the skills youths need to initiate and maintain positive social relationships in school, at home and in their communities. The 10-title series includes, “Are You A Bully?” “Look on the Bright Side,” and “Let’s Work Together.”
• Social Skills (grades3-5). Much like the Little World series, this series is geared for older kids and features 10 titles, including “Skills for School Success,” “Skills for Social Success,” “Dealing with Bullies” and “Winning by Teamwork.”
All of the Spanish hardcover texts also are available in English, as well as in paperbook and ebook formats.
More information about Rourke Educational Media’s hardcover Spanish series, call (800) 394-7055, or visit www.rourkeeducationalmedia.com.
About Rourke Educational Media
Rourke Educational Media, based in Vero Beach, Fla., helps to improve student learning through digital content, traditional print publishing, and response-to-intervention learning solutions that support the Common Core, Next Generation Science, and state and national standards. A global leader in educational technology, print, and distribution, Rourke Educational Media promotes literacy/reading, science and math for the preK-12 market, and offers interactive ebooks, assessment tools, print resources and other learning resources for the classroom, library and parental involvement. For more information, visit www.RourkeEducationalMedia.com.
Find Rourke Educational Media on Facebook
Follow Rourke Educational Media on Twitter @RourkeBooks
Read Rourke Educational Media’s Blog
# # #
Doug Thompson, Thompson Drake Public Relations
541.322.9345 | direct • 541.419.4471 | cell