Collaborative, 2D/3D hands-on blended reality experiences aim to reinvent the classroom
HP Inc. on Jan. 19 unveiled Sprout Pro by HP – designed for schools and professionals – and detailed the evolution of its Immersive Computing platform.
“Sprout Pro adds tools for creative professionals, students and instructors to the ground breaking Sprout platform,” said Louis Kim, global head and general manager of Immersive Computing, HP Inc. “Instant 2D/3D scanning, augmented reality and an immersive dual screen is now boosted by pro-class applications and security – accelerating workflows and safeguarding data. Sprout Pro is another milestone in expanding HP’s vision of Blended Reality.”
For the modern classroom, Sprout Pro consolidates the PC, document camera, 2D and 3D scanners, and more into a cost effective, all-in-one solution that reinvents the way teachers and students learn, create, collaborate and share.
“Sprout Pro by HP transforms a classroom desk space into a digital and physical workspace that allows teachers to inspire in a more natural, intuitive, and creative way,” said Gus Schmedlen, vice president of Education, HP Inc. “Students get a hands–on learning experience so they can take ideas from thought to expression like never before.”
By leveraging Sprout’s blend of tactile, visual and audio engagement, educators are offered powerful means of differentiating instruction and personalizing learning in a way no other computer can support.
It provides the most modern foundation for any curricula and skill development at any level by:
• Accelerating remote learning to allow students and classrooms around the globe to collaborate together on projects and assignments in real time.
• Maximizing classroom IT budgets and closing the technology gap by consolidating the classroom PC, document camera, 2D and 3D scanners, and more into a cost effective, all-in-one solution
• Digitizing more classrooms through savings achieved by consolidating multiple technologies into a cost effective all-in-one solution.
Sprout Pro by HP builds on the original all-in-one Sprout PC and ecosystem with several software and hardware enhancements.
Sprout converts your desk’s surface into a digital-physical workspace and adds new functionality such as:
• The Sprout Companion for Skype for Business(1) enables a new level of remote sharing and collaboration including the ability to share a Sprout 2D capture during a Skype meeting, as well as easily annotate on the Skype whiteboard using the Sprout pen and mat.
• HP External Display Mixer allows users to share what’s on the Sprout dual screen, video from the webcam, or the downward facing camera – or all at the same time.
• HP Scan provides added professional-level document scanning and optical character recognition with features like custom resolution, exposures, color or grayscale and scan destinations for pro-level results.
• HP Magnifier replaces a document camera and allows users to share live physical objects or documents with an audience, including zooming and capture.
• Microsoft Windows 10 Professional provides a safer, innovative and updated experience while helping you to manage your devices, apps, and identities.
• The new generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors with DDR4 memory for additional processing power and integrated graphics performance.
• Trusted Platform Module for enhanced security.
The Sprout Ecosystem also continues to grow with several new 3D-oriented applications from Autodesk-Tinkercad, Sculpt+ and Print Studio(2) that deliver professional-grade tools tuned for Sprout. Tinkercad is an amazingly powerful easy-to-use tool for creating digital designs. Sculpt+ users create or sculpt anything – creatures, spaceships, vehicles, props and more directly on your device in full 3D before using the 3D print environment of Print Studio.
Additionally, the new Light Guide Systems Pro(3) modernizes manual assembly processes in commercial and education applications.
Sprout is an Immersive Computing platform that redefines the user experience and creates a foundation for future immersive technologies. Part of HP’s Blended Reality ecosystem and vision for the future of computing, Sprout and HP Multi Jet Fusion are designed to break down the barriers between the digital and physical worlds.
Pricing and Availability
• Sprout Pro by HP for education and professionals is planned for availability in February and priced at $2199. Sprout Companion for Skype for Business, HP External Display Mixer, HP Scan and HP Magnifier are included at no additional charge. Visit www.hp.com/go/SproutPro for more information
• Sprout by HP for creative consumers and families is available now. Online and retailer information is available at www.sprout.com.