Ten Dremel Idea Builder Ambassadors selected to document and share classroom 3D printing experiences during the 2016-17 school year
To recognize educators pioneering the maker movement in STEM education, Dremel, manufacturer of tools for life and learning, announces 10 Dremel Idea Builder Ambassadors for the 2016-17 school year.
Ambassadors will receive a Dremel Idea Builder 3D40 and 10 spools of filament to use while sharing their experiences implementing 3D printing.
Educators with or without experience using 3D printing technology were invited to apply for the opportunity to serve as advocates for invigorating STEM through “making.” Idea Builder Ambassadors will generate multimedia content sharing their teaching and learning experiences with 3D printing. The videos, shared via Dremel Education social media channels, will include lesson ideas for 3D printing projects and explanations of the design and build process.
The first-ever Dremel Idea Builder Ambassadors, selected from school districts across the U.S., have a variety of backgrounds and skillsets in K-12 education:
- Thrisha Bautista, Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, Ill.
- Karen Bosch, Southfield Christian School, Southfield, Mich.
- Scott Hagedorn, Sabine Pass ISD, Sabine Pass, Texas
- Ken Hawthorn, Archdiocese of San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif.
- Eric Langhorst, Liberty Public Schools, Liberty, Mo.
- Michael Miller, Otsego Public Schools, Otsego, Mich.
- Nick Provenzano, Grosse Pointe Public School System, Grosse Point, Mich.
- Faith Plunkett, Huntsville City Schools, Huntsville, Ala.
- Marcos Navas, Union City District, Union City, N.J.
- Joy Schwartz, Hardin-Jefferson ISD, Beaumont, Texas
“Sharing new ideas and solutions with the community is what propels the maker movement forward,” said George Velez, manager, Dremel 3D Education. “The Idea Builder Ambassador Program provides educators with an outlet to discuss a new and rapidly growing technology in education.”
Dremel Idea Ambassadors will begin sharing their journey with 3D printing in August. Follow Dremel Education on Facebook and Twitter to connect with the Dremel Idea Builder Ambassadors.