Register |  Lost Password?
eSchool News

Community Relations

Bill Gates: ‘It would be great if our education stuff worked but…’

“It would be great if our education stuff worked, but that we won’t know for probably a decade.” That’s what Bill Gates said on Sept. 21 (see video below) about…

INFOGRAPHIC: What social media are schools using?

INFOGRAPHIC: What social media are schools using?

As part of eSchool News‘ mission to engage our readers with current hot-button topics in education, the editors at eSN are including polls in our daily stories. From what you…

Learn how to become a connected educator

Connected Educators Month (CEM), an initiative launched by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) to help educators make better use of digital and social media tools for collaboration, has released…

What are educators talking about?

If you have ever tried to get through a meeting at school and struggled over the terminology that educators threw at you, you will share Liz Willen’s feelings about education…

INFOGRAPHIC: Readers’ poll results

As part of eSchool News' mission to engage our readers with current hot-button topics in education, eSN editors are including polls in most of our daily stories. From what you…

A new teacher asks: “How do I do this?”

He was a big man, a presence to be reckoned with on any football team, the Huffington Post reports. …

Advice from teachers to parents

The Huffington Post reports: Like many teachers, I have a good relationship with the parents of my students.…

What we can learn from the smartest kids in the world

In this excellent review of Amanda Ripley’s new book “Smartest Kids in the World,” Annie Murphy Paul highlights one of the biggest changes in how we perceive American education, MindShift…

Report: Public fuzzy on Common Core State Standards

Report: Public fuzzy on Common Core State Standards

At a time when most U.S. public schools are implementing the Common Core State Standards, a new report finds that Americans don’t know what the Common Core State Standards are,…

“Indescribably insane”: A public school system from hell

Want to see a public school system in its death throes? Look no further than Philadelphia, Salon.com reports.…