eSchool of the Month
eSchool News recognizes the hard work that has helped your school or district become a model for others seeking to more effectively integrate technology into every aspect of the educational and administrative process.
Many schools have learning technologies and ed-tech tools. But what sets exemplary schools apart is how they use those technologies....
Technology can be intimidating, and even frightening—but Eric Sheninger, principal of New Jersey’s New Milford High School (NMHS), says that educators must overcome their fear of putting technology…
Educators and administrators in the Hampshire Regional School District in Massachusetts try to avoid discussing technology—instead, they aim for technology to integrate seamlessly with classroom instruction and administrative…
Is your school or school district a leader when it comes to technology? If so, eSchool News invites your superintendent, technology coordinator, or principal to nominate your school or district for the School or District of the Month.
eSchool News wants to recognize the hard work that has helped your school or district become a model for others seeking to more effectively integrate technology into every aspect of the educational and administrative process.
If you are selected as a winner, we’ll use the information you submit to compile a story outlining your school or district’s technology efforts. You’ll also be featured in our weekly eMail newsletters and in other prominent ways.
Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis and are judged by eSchool News editors according to the Hallmarks of Excellence we’ve listed after the nomination form.
eSchool of the Month Hallmarks
- School and/or district leaders, administrators, and educators use technology effectively each day in administration and instruction.
- Technology resources are equitably distributed among students and staff.
- Professional development is a key part of every district or school technology initiative and implementation.
- Superintendents, administrators, teachers, and parents are informed and understand technology’s valuable role in education.
- When technology is integrated into district or school curriculum, district and school leaders are invested and present from start to finish and closely monitor the process.
- School leaders carefully construct a district technology plan for technology development and implementation.
- School/district operations are streamlined through the use of technology.
- Emerging technologies are studied and included in potential technology solutions when appropriate – i.e., school leaders are willing to experiment with new technologies.
- Leaders think about technology not only in the short-term, but consider its long-term potential and impact for school learning and operations.
- Students, who often can master new technologies quicker than teachers, play a role in classroom technology use, both in using technology for educational purposes as well as helping educators discover new uses for existing technology.
- Technology is combined with data to inform instruction and increase student achievement.
- School leaders approach Web 2.0 tools and social networking tools with an open mind.
- School leaders work with school and district technology leaders and officials and each is in open communication with the other.
Is your school or district a leader when it comes to technology?
eSchool News invites your superintendent, technology coordinator, or principal to nominate your school for eSchool of the Month.
In too many schools, teacher professional development consists mainly of large group workshops without any follow-through or support—which leads to very little change in instructional practices. But that’s…
Sixty percent of today’s students will have careers that don’t exist yet, which speaks to the challenge schools face in preparing them for their future. So, what are…
The definition of “literacy” is evolving in the 21st century. Not only does it involve fluency in reading and writing, but it also implies an ability to think…
A growing number of school leaders have recognized the benefits of making sure every student has access to a digital learning device, both in the classroom and at…