Media and Methods Magazine, May/June 1998, p. 37
In the rush to bring technology and Internet hookups to schools, don’t overlook videoconferencing, which brings face-to-face communication and learning into classrooms, says a technology specialist from Florida’s Port Richey School District.
The author suggests you:
- videotape meetings with special guests at your school to replay at other schools in your district.
- set up a camera via the Internet to take a virtual tour of a local hospital or museum.
- have your students collaborate on projects with students at other schools.
- set up videoconferenced visits with scientists at government agencies.
- plan online meetings with students in other countries.
- and host in-service teacher training sessions.