Converge, November 1998
Nearly every major grant-giving education foundation has line items for training teachers to use technology in the classroom. Many organizations’ funding priorities especially emphasize funding programs that train pre-service and in-service educators.
To form technology training programs that will win support from these grants, schools must:
- Draft a restructuring plan that addresses minority teachers, multimedia-learning application development, lifelong learning programs, and cost-savings.
- Have teachers participate in newer technology-based teacher assessment and certification programs, which are often funded by these philanthropic organizations.
- Make sure instructional efforts at your school meet or exceed state and national standards in all subject areas.
- Steer teachers toward creating technology-based “portfolios” of students’ work for assessment purposes.
- Respond to the priorities of funding groups to emphasize minority training and inclusion.
- School District Establishes Interactive Learning Solution - April 15, 2021
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020