According to the U.S. Department of Education, last year's 21st CCLC grant application process was the most competitive in its history. This year's program should be even more so. Here are some tips to help distinguish your proposal from the rest of the pack.
Characteristics of high-quality after-school programs
• Goal setting and strong management
• Quality after-school staffing
• Low staff-to-student ratios
• Attention to safety, health, and nutrition issues
• Effective partnerships
• Strong involvement of families
• Coordination with regular school day
• Links between teachers and...