T.H.E. Journal, January 1999, p. 4
The editor-in-chief of T.H.E. Journal discusses five important development that are directing the future of technology and education:
- New initiatives on computer literacy are defining educational technology standards for students and teachers alike.
- Many recent studies have reported that technology does have a positive influence on the ability of students to learn.
- States are funding more staff development programs, for both pre- and in-service personnel.
- Large segments of societyincluding schools, homes, libraries, and technical and community collegesare getting wired to enable multiple opportunities for increased access and vast K-20 distance learning opportunities.
- Computer and technology vendors are offering increased support and partnership opportunities for schools.