T.H.E. Journal, January 1999, p. 73
Here are seven reasons why integrating technology into your school’s curriculum is critical to your school’s success:
- Students gain more knowledge in a subject.
- Technology is required to stay competitive in today’s job market.
- Technology motivates students to learn.
- Students can apply more quickly and easily what they’ve learned and improve their analytical skills.
- Students learn vital online research skills.
- Students learn the importance of teamwork.
- Students gain computer literacy.
To successfully integrate technology into the curriculum, you must:
- Begin in a single subject area.
- Decide on specific technology skills you want your students to learn.
- Take an existing lesson and find a simple way to involve the computer.
- Use software programs that you’re familiar with.
- Consistently use those programs to reinforce skills in your students.
- Evaluate the good and bad parts of using technology in a particular lesson.
- Adjust the lesson as needed, and then start the process over in a new area.