The author outlines the seven new roles for school librarians in the Information Age:
1. Internet Navigator. Librarians today should know how to effectively navigate the internet.
2. Collaborator. Work with teachers to develop learning activities that draw from internet resources.
3. Evaluator. Create evaluation tools and integrate them into the curriculum.
4. Publisher. Develop resource guides for teachers, students, administrators, and parents.
5. Program Administrator. Work with educators to devise policies for use of the internet.
6. Staff Developer. Be the point person for showing teachers and administrators how to use the internet effectively and how to integrate the web into the curriculum.
7. Family Resource. Show families how to use the internet creatively.