As a Lansing, Mich., student returned home from the hospital after being treated for severe burns she received in a high school chemistry experiment, a national group trying to make science classes safer suggested ways to avoid such accidents.

Waverly High School junior Christine Jurus, 16, was released Dec. 18 after spending three weeks in the hospital recovering from severe burns to the inside of her throat, her right hand and right ear. ...

Subscribe to Read More

Are You an Educator?

Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eSchool News Today email newsletter