One value of technology is its ability to enable school officials to collect and analyze data more effectively, frequently, and easily in order to make more informed choices. Rarely, however, is this functionality used well in schools.
Several online resources are available, however, to help administrators more effectively use the data they are gathering about teacher performance, as well as design new data-collection projects that provide answers to additional questions.
Here are six online resources that break down the two key tasks of data collectionplanning a survey and analyzing the data that is collectedinto basic component steps:
1. Tech Builder (http://compaq.edmin.com).
2. Profiler: Online Collaboration Tool (http://profiler.scrtec.org).
3. School Staff Education Technology Needs Assessment (http://chadwick-k12.com/ssetna).
4. Milken Educational Technology
Discrepancy Analysis Tool
5. Learning with Technology Profile Tool http://www.ncrtec.org/capacity/profile/profile.htm
6. Technology in Education Snapshot Survey (http://www.snapshotsurvey.org).