Hello, everyone. My name is Bradley Kirkland, and I’m the new Online Publisher for eSchoolNews Online. I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and tell you about the exciting things we have planned for you at eSchoolNews Online, your “School Technology Portal.”
My online journey began in 1989 on America Online with the Writers Club, an area devoted to writers at all levels, providing community, information, databases, courses, and articles. The Writers Club was (and still is) one of AOL’s Top 50 Members’ Choice areas, and is one of the largest and longest-running writing-related online operations. We incorporated the Writers Club in 1997, expanded to the internet in 1998, and were acquired by iUniverse.com in 1999. After overseeing the turnover and helping to build various services on the iUniverse.com site, I began looking for new challenges and opportunities. So … when I found eSchool News, I jumped right in!
But enough about me. Let’s talk about eSchoolNews Online, and what we can do to build the most beneficial site for you.
Over the next few months, we will be redesigning the site and building new functionality, services, and areas, expanding on the industry-leading information and services you’ve come to expect from eSchoolNews Online.
We have several things already in the works:
- A community area that will allow you to network with other school technology professionals and regularly communicate your ideas and needs with us.
- An eCommerce and ordering system that will allow you to purchase products, subscribe to newsletters, register for conferences, and moreall online!
- Enhanced navigation and functionality that will allow you to find the information and services you need quickly.
- Daily articles and more regular features.
- More partnerships and alliances with other important companies in the school technology industry, increasing your ability to stay up-to-date and make the right decisions for your school technology needs.
This is just the beginning. As you no doubt know, the internet provides a wealth of possibilities. That said, there is only so much that we can do on our own. You are the ones who know best how we can help, so before we start building “the greatest school technology site in the universe,” I want to hear from you. Tell us what you want.
For the entire month of May, we’ll be taking in all of your thoughts and suggestions in our eSN Online Future Poll at http://www.eschoolnews.com/surveys/online/main.
Please take a moment to stop by and tell us a little about yourself, and let us know what you would like to see. You can let us know what you like about the current site, what you don’t like, and what you would like to see more of. And, for those of you who would like to become more involved with eSchoolNews Onlineas a community leader, message board or discussion group moderator, or anything elsebe sure to let us know.
Together, we’ll build something very special. I am looking forward!