By now, you should know that every school district allowing the use of computers and the internet by students, faculty, and staff needs an acceptable-use policy (AUP) to establish the ground rules--and, in fact, most schools already have an AUP. In most cases, the AUP must be read and signed by each user and, if the user is a minor, the student's parent or guardian also must give permission.

While some schools have a special form, in many cases parental consent is accomplished by having the responsible adult sign (or countersign) the same AUP


Subscribe to Read More

Are You an Educator?

Get Free online access to all our news and resources