Watertown, MA October 2, 2006–Tom Snyder Productions, a Scholastic company, announces the release of MaxData, a new kid-friendly program that gives students an age-appropriate introduction to databases. MaxData teaches students all aspects of data handling, from the first steps of simple representation of data, to learning database concepts such as fields, field types, records, tables, and filters. The program’s accessible interface has three grade-appropriate levels so students can concentrate on the ideas, relationships, and information being explored.
“Educators have begun to realize that students need proficiency in a variety of technology, including databases, but this can be daunting to a busy teacher, ” said Rick Abrams, General Manager of Tom Snyder Productions. “MaxData makes integrating technology into the classroom simple and fun. The easy-to-use, curriculum-aligned program takes the anxiety out of teaching and learning through the use of databases.”
MaxData was developed by the makers of Scholastic Keys(, the only program to make Microsoft Office(r) kid-friendly. Much like Scholastic Keys, the new software is a powerful tool for reinforcing classroom curriculum through technology. The program walks students and teachers through the use of databases and their practical application to the core curriculum.
Other product highlights include:
* Ready-made, cross-curricular data sets: dinosaurs, presidents, states, weather, and more
* Database wizard that guides students through naming the database, adding fields and field types, and saving the database
* Three levels of functionality allow for differentiated instruction
* View records in table and group views
* Create standard reports–table, column, and graph–or design your own
* MaxPaint–drawing tool to add pictures to records
* Clip art library with over 800 images
MaxData includes a Windows CD-ROM, a User’s Guide, and learning activities. The program can be purchased individually or as a bundle with Scholastic Keys.
About Tom Snyder Productions
Tom Snyder Productions, Inc., a Scholastic company, is a leading developer and publisher of educational software for K-12 classrooms. The company was founded over 20 years ago by Tom Snyder, a former science and music teacher who pioneered the utilization of technology in the classroom to improve student understanding and performance. Today, Tom Snyder Productions has received over 150 prestigious industry awards and is used in over 400,000 classrooms. The company’s software titles cover each curriculum area, and its professional development team has helped more than 175,000 teachers learn to integrate technology effectively into their curricula. (www.tomsnyder.com)
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children’s books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs, school-based book fairs, and school-based and direct-to-home continuity programs; retail stores, schools, libraries, and television networks; and the Company’s Internet Site, www.scholastic.com.
- School District Establishes Interactive Learning Solution - April 15, 2021
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020