New York, NY ? (June 6, 2007) ? Wimba, the education technology company that helps people teach people, today announced that its collaborative software for online education integrates with Moodle, an Open Source virtual learning environment. Integration with Moodle simplifies institutional deployment of Wimba?s rich collaborative technologies and reduces training and support for faculty. Wimba has invested in Moodle integration to assist its clients drive adoption of education technology.
In fact, in the University of Central England?s Learning Technology Development Unit?s most recent newsletter, Niall Mackenzie, Tutor for Learning Technology, and Alan Staley, Head of the Learning Technology Development Unit, wrote, "First we gave you Moodle, then Course Genie, now Wimba Voice Tools, and finally Live Classroom. All seamlessly integrated into one learning environment… Technological nirvana?! Possibly!"
Wimba offers the industry´s most robust integration with virtual learning environments, enabling Wimba´s Live Classroom, Voice Tools, and Course Genie products to appear as native activity modules within Moodle. Faculty and students are now able to utilize Wimba´s suite of rich collaborative technologies without having to change their workflow or learn new interfaces.
Besides offering single sign-on and password authentication, Wimba integration gives Moodle users the ability to:
- Add a Live Classroom, Voice Board, Voice Presentation Tool, or Wimba Podcaster to any Moodle course from the ?Add An Activity Module? drop-down menu
- Configure Live Classroom and Voice Tools settings such as audio and video, eBoard access, chat options, and presenter privileges, from within Moodle
- Utilize collaborative tools such as audio and video, and even record and distribute podcasts
- Manage Live Classroom content and continue to create content with Course Genie
- Track Live Classroom attendance and polling results
- Add Live Classroom and Voice Tools reminders to students? Moodle calendars
"Moodle has captured the world?s attention and we believe our integration will benefit the myriad Moodle users across the globe who want to add collaborative elements to their courses," said Tommaso Trionfi, CEO of Wimba. "We understand that teaching and learning is best done when people get together and collaborate, so we naturally hope our software will help Moodle users to teach their students in a more personal and collaborative manner."
Wimba is a company focused solely on education and dedicated to the principle that people learn more when they are drawn closer together. Our collaborative software applications for the online education market enable institutions to bridge technology and pedagogy by supplementing course management systems with many of the proven disciplines of in-person learning environments. Wimba?s intuitive solutions enable educators and students to quickly and easily teach and learn live online, engage in live chat and instant message exchanges, benefit from oral content being added to text-based course content, and more. Instructors can also use Wimba solutions to convert Microsoft Word documents into accessible course content and to create and administer tests, quizzes, and exams. Our focus on education and collaboration with educators fuels our product development.
Wimba: People Teach People. www.wimba.com
- School District Establishes Interactive Learning Solution - April 15, 2021
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020