Atlanta, GA: June 25, 2007–Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), the leading provider of firmware-based, patented Computrace® Computer Theft Recovery, Data Protection and Secure Asset Tracking? solutions, announces from the National Educational Computing Conference (Booth #2613-5) in Atlanta, GA, that demand for its Computrace solution from K-12 institutions in the U.S., Europe and Canada continues to increase.
In the U.S., 15 of the top 25 largest school districts are using Computrace to protect their computing assets, and many are expanding rollout of the solution each year, including:
- New York City Department of Education, NY: The largest school district in North America, with approximately 1.1 million students enrolled, this long-time customer of Absolute continues to expand its implementation of Computrace.
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK: Largest school district in Oklahoma, with approximately 42,000 students.
- Richardson ISD, TX: Located in northern Dallas County, this school district serves more than 34,000 students.
- Hayward USD, CA: Includes 33 K-12 schools serving more than 24,000 students.
- Edmonds School District, WA: Diverse suburban district in Lynnwood, serving approximately 21,500 students.
- Dysart School District, AZ: Fastest growing school system in Arizona, with over 20,000 students. Since 2000, the district has more than tripled in size.
- Waterloo School District, IA: Fifth largest school district in Iowa, with an enrollment of approximately 10,500 students.
Note: The student populations cited above do not correlate to the exact number of Computrace units that have been sold.
John Livingston, Chairman and CEO of Absolute Software, said, "Over the last two years, there has been acceleration in schools deploying One-to-One Student Computing Initiatives across North America. At the same time Computrace has become, within the leading K-12 districts, an integral program component to ensure the ongoing success of their one to one initiative. Consequently, we have seen a significant increase in demand for Absolute´s computer theft protection, data security and reliable laptop computer inventory tracking capabilities in the education market."
Absolute´s Computrace solutions help educational institutions track and recover stolen or missing computers, remotely delete sensitive data, detect unauthorized software or missing hardware, and generate asset reports for upgrades, roll-outs and PC retirement.
For more information on Absolute´s success in Education, please visit http://www.absolute.com/markets/education.asp
About Absolute Software
Absolute Software Corporation (TSX: ABT) is the leader in Computer Theft Recovery, Data Protection and Secure Asset Tracking? solutions. Absolute Software provides organizations and consumers with solutions in the areas of regulatory compliance, data protection and theft recovery. The Company´s Computrace® software is embedded in the BIOS of computers by global leaders, including Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Lenovo, Motion, Panasonic and Toshiba, and the Company has reselling partnerships with these OEMs and others, including Apple. For more information about Absolute Software and Computrace, visit www.absolute.com.