Montreal, August 6, 2007 — Emmy Award-winning Toon Boom Animation Inc. today announced the release of Toon Boom Digital Pro, its latest high-performance animation software. Packaged in an easy-to-use interface, Toon Boom Digital Pro is the complete animation software for professionals, offering advanced content creation, animation and compositing capabilities within a single application.
Productivity tools such as state-of-the-art vector engine, palette management, lip-sync, true 3D space, morphing and inverse kinematics enable users to unleash their creativity. Toon Boom Digital Pro comes with kick-start programs to ensure successful and seamless studio integration, extensive training material and reliable customer support. Digital Pro is the tool of choice for animation projects ranging from the simplest to the most detailed, from digital to complete cut-out styles.
"We are committed to releasing easier-to-use products to meet the demand of a broader range of users. Toon Boom Digital Pro certainly offers a smooth creative experience, in addition to significantly reducing operational costs with its integrated pipeline, leading-edge toolset and paperless production. Combined with Storyboard Pro, Digital Pro offers all creative minds the most advanced toolset to create animation digitally," shared Joan Vogelesang, President and Chief Executive Officer at Toon Boom.
Feature highlights include:
1. Superior Animation Tools with a rigging tool made for robust framework, morphing for automatic in-betweens, inverse kinematics for natural looking animation, automated lip-sync, a virtual light table and a rotary animation disk.
2. Asset Library to store animated cycles, sounds, effects, characters, backgrounds, props, templates for reuse and to maximize the drawing substitution tool to easily swap elements and create new poses and expressions.
3. Advanced Palette Management to create colour models with independent palettes, easily change colours of any element at any time during production, all in real-time.
4. True 3D Space to place elements at different depths and automatically preserve their perspective using the real-time multi-plane camera and easily add a depth of field effect for an even more realistic render.
5. Sparkling Effects and Compositing to apply any combination of effects on elements instantly anytime during the production using the effect network, selecting from over 50 special effects and seeing changes implemented in real-time with interconnected windows.
6. Unparalleled Image Quality, relying on a state-of-the-art real-time vector engine and offering full resolution independence for outputs to every media, from web and handheld devices to film and HD.
7. Artistic Style Unleashed to develop any project from cut-out animation to frame-by-frame without having to compromise quality or style, and to mix cut-out characters with traditional vector animation over bitmaps of 3D rendered objects.
8. Integrated Workflow, covering all the production steps from storyboarding to final rendering, working freely in a non-linear workflow.
Toon Boom Digital Pro is offered in three versions: commercial, educational and personal learning edition. Toon Boom Digital Pro sells at $2,999 US and is now available online at www.toonboom.com/products/digitalpro.
About Toon Boom Animation Inc.
Toon Boom Animation Inc. is the worldwide leader in animation software solutions. Toon Boom carries entry level and high-end animation software solutions for film, television, web, games, mobile devices and training applications. Toon Boom´s solutions also include powerful pre-production tools ideal for all animated or live-action projects. In 2005, Toon Boom was granted the Primetime Emmy® Engineering Award by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for its significant contribution made to the animation industry targeted for television, in North America and throughout Asia, Europe and the Middle East. In 2006, the IT Federation of Quebec (FIQ) awarded an OCTAS 2006 in the Multimedia — educational and cultural sector category, for Toon Boom Studio V3. In 2007, FIQ awarded an OCTAS 2007 in the Technological Innovation category, for Toon Boom Storyboard Pro.
Toon Boom´s client base ranges from major studios creating Hollywood blockbuster animated films to individual animators creating their first masterpieces. Market-leading studios using Toon Boom´s products include Nelvana, Warner Bros., Mercury Filmworks, China Central Television, Toonz Animation India, Starburst Animation, Answer Studio, Alphanim, Cosgrove Hall, Cromosoma and Lanterna Magica, to name a few. Some of the prestigious productions done with Toon Boom´s technology include Les Triplettes de Belleville, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, The Rugrats, SpongeBob The Movie, Curious George, Go West: A New Lucky Luke Adventure and The Simpsons Movie.
For additional information, visit Toon Boom at toonboom.com.