Silver Spring, MD – November 19, 2007 – Searching for and sifting through thousands of available resources online can be daunting and time consuming. Discovery Education’s free School Resources web site (http://school.discoveryeducation.com) helps educators spend less time hunting for activities, leaving more time for teaching and assessment. And this season, teachers can find a myriad of free holiday-focused resources in Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators, available on the Discovery Education School Resources web site. In addition to holiday resources that bring the cultural and historical aspects of the season to life, Kathy Schrock’s Guide for Educators has a comprehensive list of subject area web sites and teacher tips that make lesson plans more efficient and engaging for students.
Other tools on the Discovery Education School Resources web site that enhance lessons and create an interactive learning environment include:
– Lesson Plan Library: hundreds of original lesson plans, written by teachers for teachers.
– Puzzlemaker: tools to generate puzzles, including crossword puzzles, math squares and word searches.
– Clip Art Gallery: thousands of images in the clip art gallery.
– Brain Boosters: an archive of challenging mental exercises, including categorization, lateral thinking, logic, number and math play, reasoning, spatial awareness, and word and letter play activities.
– Learning Adventures: interactive lessons and games that address major subject areas.
– Science Fair Central: tips, project ideas, guidelines, and safety rules about running and participating in a science fair, sponsored by Elmer’s.
– Curriculum Center: classroom activities supporting core curriculum topics.
For more information about the Discovery Education School Resources web site or any other products and services from Discovery Education, please visit www.discoveryeducation.com or call 800-323-9084.
About Discovery Education
Discovery Education, a division of Discovery Communications and the leader in digital educational media, publishes products and services used by 1 million educators and 30 million students. With standards-based content in all core disciplines – science, social studies, math, language arts, guidance, health, art, and music – Discovery Education provides digital media tailored for use in today’s classroom. Combined with innovative professional development, effective media integration tools, and state-of-the-art delivery solutions, Discovery Education content and services empower educators to connect students to a world of learning. For more information, visit www.discoveryeducation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Stephen Wakefield, Discovery Education,240-662-2893, firstname.lastname@example.org