Columbia, MD – November 27, 2007 – Interwrite Learning announces the three winners of the company’s first video contest that recognizes teachers and students for their creativity and use of technology in the classroom. Participants of the contest were asked to create a short music video parodying the song of their choice. The winners’ videos did a superior job of demonstrating creativity, collaboration and technology in the classroom.
The winners from each grade segment (K-5, 6-8 and 9-12) are as follows:
– Grades K-5 winner:
– Grades 6-8 winner:
– Grades 9-12 winner:
Mr. Jonathon Blackburn’s class at J.M. Tate High School in Cantonment, Fla.
The winners were selected from more than 220 submissions from across the United States, New Zealand and Australia.
The online consumer votes constituted 30 percent of the entrant’s final score and the panel of judges determined 70 percent of the entrant’s final score. The consumer’s votes proved to be an important factor in the final decision of the winners. For the 9-12 grade segment, the videos submitted from J.M. Tate High School and Highland Central High School in Highland, N.Y. tied for the judges vote. J.M. Tate High School received 100 more consumer votes than Highland Central High School, naming them the winner of their segment.
"On behalf of Interwrite Learning and ShyCast, we would like to personally thank every teacher and student who participated in our first video contest," said Lisa O’Masta, vice president of marketing of Interwrite Learning. "This contest was such a success that we’d love to do it all over again. Teachers, students and parents should keep their eyes out for the next contest announcement in 2008."
All contest participants will receive a fifty dollar off coupon for purchase of the Interwrite Pad, as well as a certificate of participation. All contest finalists will also receive a certificate of participation and a free limited edition, lime green Interwrite Pad that is not available for resell.
Winners will be awarded with a complete Interwrite MakeoverTM consisting of:
– Interwrite Board, an engaging, durable, easy-to-use interactive whiteboard that features the Interwrite Workspace software. The Software and Board inspire students by turning classroom lessons into interactive experiences.
– Interwrite Pad, the number one leading wireless pad worldwide, gives teachers the ability to teach interactive lessons from anywhere in the classroom.
– Interwrite Cricket, the newest member of the Interwrite assessment family. Cricket is a powerful yet simple to use clicker for students of all ages. Cricket "clickers" combine robust radio-frequency technology with a friendly look and feel to make real-time student assessment practical for any classroom setting.
– Mitsubishi XD206 DLP projector integrates seamlessly with the Interwrite Boards and Pads with an RS-232c port for 3rd party control. The XGA projector (1024 x 768 resolution) has a bright 2000 ANSI lumens picture and high 2000:1 contrast ratio. Digital vertical keystone correction allows for presentation from a variety of locations.
– FrontRow Pro Digital, a sound system shown to improve attention, test scores, and teacher vocal health. FrontRow Pro Digital clarifies and evenly distributes the teacher’s voice throughout the classroom, helping students more easily understand teachers regardless of where they’re seated. Supports streaming media and podcasting, too.
– SP Controls, Inc.’s Pixie wall mounted modular control system is an elegant and complete control system that fits in a standard single-gang back box. Pixie offers intuitive control of virtually any display system with a remote control, be it a video projector, plasma screen, or LCD monitor.
– Brewer Technology and Learning will provide one full day (up to six hours) of professional development to each of the winning schools in order to help teachers learn to use the Interwrite MakeoverTM equipment as tools to enhance and accelerate the learning process.
In addition to receiving the $15,000 interactive classroom makeover, each winner will be given a celebration party for the entire school and a $1,000 cash prize.
For more information on Interwrite Learning’s interactive learning solutions and to see the winner’s videos, visit http://www.interwritelearning.com/contest.
About Interwrite Learning
Interwrite Learning is a premier global provider of interactive learning solutions for primary, secondary and higher education markets. Interactive solutions, including the Interwrite Board, Pad and Panel all come with Interwrite Workspace, a next generation educational software application for creating, teaching and assessing student performance using digital content. Interwrite assessment solutions include Interwrite Cricket and PRS clickers, members of a powerful student response system that combines interaction and assessment to enhance classroom productivity and improve student results. Interwrite Learning has a rich 32-year history of delivering interactive solutions that are changing how the world learns. To learn more about Interwrite Learning’s Interactive Classroom solutions, please visit http://www.interwritelearning.com.