October 28, 2009 Atlanta- eBOARDsolutions is pleased to announce that eight districts that were awarded the top ten in the 2009 Digital School District Survey are current subscribers to the eBOARD, our modular web-based governance software. The study was coordinated by the Center for Digital Education, in partnership with the National School Boards Association, examined and documented school boards and districts’ online presence, technology applications that allow the public to interact with school board members, administrators and teachers as well as their access to information such as school board calendars, districts policies and technology use in the district and classrooms.
Currently over 170 school boards and districts are using eBOARD to save money, be more transparent with their community and more focused on the work of raising student achievement. eBOARD is much more than just going paperless. It is about good governance with tools to help school boards align and manage their strategic and school improvement plans, set and manage their policies, manage their meetings, effectively communicate and demonstrate transparency with all stakeholders.
Mark Willis, COO of eBOARDsolutions comments, “We are so proud that eight of this year’s Digital School Board winners are users of eBOARD. We applaud them for their leadership in modeling 21st century skills and their commitment to leveraging technology to align and focus their work on raising student achievement.”
Digital School Board 2009 Winners who subscribe to eBOARD include:
Large Category – More than 15,000 students:
- 3rd Clayton County Public Schools (tie) (Subscribe to all eBOARD Modules)
- 3rd Forsyth County School District (tie) (Subscribe to all eBOARD Modules)
- 6th Richmond County School System (Subscribe to all eBOARD Modules)
- 8th Fayette County Schools (tie) (Subscribe to all eBOARD Modules)
Medium Category – 2,501 – 15,000 students:
- 7th Jones County Schools, Ga. (tie) (Subscribe to most eBOARD modules including Meetings and Policy)
- 8th Jefferson City Schools, Ga.(Subscribe to all eBOARD Modules)
- 10th Marietta City Schools, Ga. (tie) (Subscribe to eBOARD Advanced Strategic Plan Module)
Small Category – Less than 2,500 students:
- 4th Chickamauga City School System, Ga. (Subscribe to eBOARD Policy)
Dr. Dana Bedden, Superintendent of Schools for Richmond County Schools who placed 6th nationally in the “Large Category” stated, “We are so excited with our placement in the 2009 Digital School Districts Survey. Richmond County School System has worked extremely hard to move into the 21st Century in all areas of technology. eBOARD has played a tremendous role to reach our system’s goal in being transparent in communication within our system and community. This has been a team effort and certainly an honor to every employee in the Richmond County School System.”
Dr. John DeCotis, superintendent of Fayette County Schools says, "We are honored to receive this award. It is a team effort on the part of our technology department, the staff at the schools, county level and our students and parents! eBOARD has enabled us to communicate easier and more freely with our constituents. It has proven to be a big asset."
John Jackson, superintendent of Jefferson City Schools adds, "eBOARD has been a marvelous addition to our school system, and its impact has been pervasive. It has increased our level of efficiency and reduced the amount of time required to prepare for Board meetings. eBOARDsolutions has enhanced the level of communication between my office and our Board of Education and it has also improved the level of communication between the system and the community-at-large. I know I speak for our Board in saying that after experiencing the many benefits offered by eBOARDsolutions, we could not imagine operating without it."
eBOARD helps organizations by:
* Providing a single source for access to pertinent data for effective decision-making
* Stakeholders can easily find information through advanced search capabilities
* Saving time and money by streamlining workflow and eliminating paper dependency
* Enhancing communications with all stakeholders
eBOARD Modules now include:
* Strategic Plan – Monitor, track, manage and report on the organization’s strategic plan to all stakeholders
* Meetings – Streamline agenda preparation and enhance the effectiveness of all meetings (not just board meetings)
* Policy – Publish policies, regulations and exhibits for easy access by all stakeholders
* Communications – Improve communications with all stakeholders
* Documents – Build an online library for easy access to important documents
eBOARDsolutions (EBS) is the leader in the effective integration of technology and governance. The mission of EBS is to empower our partners to achieve organizational excellence by harnessing collective knowledge and delivering innovative technology solutions and services. Our vision is (Leadership + Governance) x Technology = Sustained Excellence. EBS products are used by over 180 local boards of education, state boards of education, state agencies and associations.
- School District Establishes Interactive Learning Solution - April 15, 2021
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020