HOUSTON, TX (July 16, 2007) – Questia Media, Inc. announces the launch of Questia School, a dynamic online collection of 27,000+ books, assembled to support English/Language Arts and Social Studies curriculum, advanced studies, and professional development.
Questia School is comprised of three content collections, each developed to enrich and extend reading and research opportunities for high school students, educators and school administrators.
- Questia High School offers access to 14,000+ books in the English/Language Arts and Social Studies disciplines. Each title in the collection has been hand-selected by Questia content experts to align with curriculum and content-area standards. The collection is also Lexile™ rated, with included titles encompassing a Lexile range of 750 to 1350; this provides a spectrum of leveled reading opportunities. Questia High School also offers 350 educator-developed lesson plans that integrate Questia resources, helping teachers build rigorous, content-rich instructional programs.
- Questia Achieve, an “add-on” to Questia High School, delivers 9,000+ titles appropriate for advanced level courses such as Advanced Placement®* classes and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme†. Many of the books in this collection are typically found in college library holdings. Content in Questia Achieve typically offers a Lexile™ range of 1350 to 1800.
- Questia Professional Collection provides 3,500 books covering a range of educational professional development topics. Emphasizing both educational theory and instructional practice, this collection can serve as the informational foundation of systemic professional development initiatives and can also be used effectively for reference and research for teachers and administrators pursuing advanced degrees.
Tim Harris, President and CEO of Questia Media, Inc., said, “We have worked with leading educators, subject-area experts, and our own content selection teams to build these collections expressly for the K-12 community. The collections’ depth and breadth, our classroom-tested lesson plans, and our innovative digital research tools reflect our strong commitment to the K-12 market.”
- School District Establishes Interactive Learning Solution - April 15, 2021
- Learn how to keep students safe online during remote learning - October 2, 2020
- How can you protect your students online during hybrid and remote learning? - September 25, 2020