eSchool News has announced the winners of its 2010 Tech-Savvy Superintendent Awards, which honor 10 superintendents from around the nation who best exemplify outstanding leadership in the use of technology to further educational goals:
• Eric Conti – Burlington, MA
• Jan Harris – Cullman, AL
• Manuel Isquierdo – Sunnyside, AZ
• Chip Kimball — Lake Washington, WA
• Pam Moran — Albemarle County, VA
• Carolyn Ross — Churchill County, NV
• Kim Ross– Houston Public Schools, MN
• Amy Sichel – Abington, PA
• Gary Smuts — ABC Unified, CA
• Craig Witherspoon — Edgecombe County, NC
Laureates of the 10th Annual eSN Tech-Savvy Superintendent Awards Program–produced with financial support from Promethean, the Pearson Foundation, K12 Inc., and Eduvision–were invited to an exclusive, private luncheon on Feb. 11, 2010, at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel.
The awards ceremony was held in conjunction with The Century Club 100 annual meeting during the American Association of School Administrators’ National Conference on Education.
You can view the awards ceremony here.
Read about the 2010 award winners here.
See our 10 “Hallmarks of Excellence” that define a tech-savvy superintendent.
Listen to each award winner describe what it means to be “tech savvy” in his or her own words.
- Cybersecurity learning standards offer a new look at a consistent threat - December 6, 2021
- Here’s why SEL should be a top priority in schools - December 2, 2021
- Taking stock of your classroom air quality - November 18, 2021