We’re seeking a diverse, creative, and adventurous group of students and teachers to go into the field with JASON Host Researchers and a video production crew to perform cutting edge science explorations and be featured in upcoming curricula used in classrooms everywhere. These two-year internships include:
- Attending an Argonaut Boot Camp in mid-July, 2010 in Washington D.C. to prepare for field work
- Working side by side with Host Researchers in the field, and completing a JASON Mission Field Assignment around our next curriculum topics: Space, Climate, and Forces & Motion
- Reviewing and refining JASON print and multimedia that highlight the Argonauts and their JASON experiences
- Serving as mentors and science ambassadors, locally and worldwide
- Regularly interacting with the entire JASON community through speaking engagements, message board postings, web casts, pod casts, chats and more!
The application deadline is Friday, February 5. Argonaut selections will be finalized in April with the Argonaut experience beginning in mid-July. Students should be 14 or 15 years old by June 1, 2010 to apply. Teachers need 5 years of classroom experience and continuation as an educator in 2010-2011.
For more information or to apply, visit the Argonaut Application page in the JASON Mission Center to download complete application guidelines, instructions and forms. If you haven’t been to the JASON Mission Center before, you can register now for free. Additional questions regarding the JASON National Argonaut program can be sent to email@example.com.