FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Epson America Inc.
Epson Announces the PowerLite 83V+ Projector Providing
Powerful Features at an Affordable Price for Education
ORLANDO, Fla. (FETC, Booth 1001) – Jan. 13, 2010 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the Epson PowerLite 83V+ projector. Delivering brilliant visual clarity, powerful audio capabilities and seamless classroom connectivity, the $649* PowerLite 83V+ is a feature-rich, easy-to-use and affordable projector benefitting students, teachers and school administrators.
The PowerLite 83V+ features 2,200 lumens white light output, 2,200 lumens color light output2 and XGA resolution for vibrant and engaging classroom lessons. This projector offers robust sound and communication tools with a built-in 10 watt speaker, delivering clear and crisp audio without requiring external speakers, and a closed captioning decoder to accommodate students with hearing impairments. Meeting the growing environmental requirements of schools across the country, Epson’s energy-efficient E-TORL lamp delivers more lumens per watt than competitive models and lasts up to 4,000 hours3, providing a lower overall cost of ownership.
“As schools continue to be impacted by a tough economy and shrinking budgets, it is imperative that administrators balance cost-conscious technology buying decisions with ensuring that digital learning tools provide real benefits to both teachers and students,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, K-12 Education Projection, Epson America. “The Epson PowerLite 83V+ provides tremendous value for schools by offering a wide range of classroom-centric features that you won’t find on competing models at this price point, making it a winning solution for school districts, teachers and students.”
More About the Epson PowerLite 83V+
The PowerLite 83V+ provides several advanced and convenient features for the classroom, including:
– Flexible Communication: Powerful internal 10-watt speaker and built-in closed captioning decoder make presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost, and help meet ADA section 508 compliance
– Advanced Connectivity: RS-232c control protocol allows for connectivity with popular third-party education control systems; audio out and monitor out connectivity provide the ability to connect to an external audio device and external monitor; dual VGA inputs for versatile connectivity to multiple computers
– Setup Flexibility: 1.2x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction provide easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings
– Direct Power On and Off: Powers an installed projector on and off with a flip of a light switch
– Instant On/Off®: Enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing lessons and allows them to be up and running in only five seconds between pressing the “Power” button and the appearance of the start-up screen
– A/V Mute Slide: Instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs; the projector enters A/V Mute mode when the lens cover is closed and returns to normal mode automatically and immediately upon reopening the lens cover
– Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours in economy mode helping to maximize presentation time
– 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 83V+ will be available in February 2010 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 companies around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
# # #
1 Based upon Q3 2009 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
2 Light output varies depending upon modes (color and white light output). White light output measured using ISO 21118 standard
3 Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp Brightness decreases over time.
4 Source: ProjectorCentral.com Jan 2009. Average of 796 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in six different lumens categories. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six categories.
Note: Epson and E-TORL are registered trademarks and Epson Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. PowerLite, PrivateLine and Brighter Futures are registered trademarks of Epson America Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
* Estimated street price