Samsung quality…now in a compact size at a compact price.
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey (February 9, 2010) – Samsung Techwin America’s Electronic Imaging Division (www.samcam860.com), a market leader in document camera technology, today announced the SAMCAM 860 – an exciting new document camera with several features seldom found on cameras priced under $799. “Educators have determined that students taught with active learning instruction techniques, which engage and involve them in the lesson, will have better retention of the material,” said Richard Bellomy, V.P. of Sales for the Electronic Imaging Division. “We put the key, high-end features into an affordable camera, with the goal to help bring state-of-the-art education tools to the masses.”
Key Features of the SAMCAM 860 include:
* Superior Optical Image with 1.4 megapixel resolution
* Larger Aperture Lens provides a total of 48x zoom with 6x optical zoom plus 8x digital zoom
* SXGA Output at 30 fps for high resolution video display with no latency
* Video Recording Feature with crisp clarity and vivid colors, and no image streaking
* Fast and Accurate Auto Focus that locks in with unsurpassed clarity
* SD Memory Card Ready – up to 32Gb
* Capture images or movies with audio using only a single button
* Built-in Microphone and an External Microphone Jack for higher fidelity
* Great low-light performance
* Powerful Built-in LED Lamp, if needed
* Microscope Adapter and Macro Setting for incredible close-up detail
* Can be used with virtually any whiteboard
* Use as a Web Cam and connect directly to applications such as Windows Moviemaker, GradeCam, and more
* Remote Control included
* Mac and PC Compatible
For more information about the SAMCAM 860 and Samsung Techwin’s full line of affordable and innovative document cameras, call 877-213-1222, ext. 3306 or go to www.samcam860.com.
About Samsung Techwin America – Electronic Imaging Division
Samsung Techwin America is a market leader in document cameras for use in the education sector, ranging from K-12 to universities, courtroom applications, as well as numerous Fortune 500 companies. Every Samsung document camera provides the quality and innovation that has built the Samsung name─ quality optics, a robust feature set, a wealth of user-friendly features, and state-of-the-art digital imaging technology. Additionally Samsung Techwin markets a full line of security products under the CCTV Division. Samsung Techwin America is the U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Techwin Co., Ltd. in Sungnam Kyungki-Do, Korea. Samsung is the world’s 11th largest company. www.samsungpresenterusa.com.
# # #