Google's contest to introduce pre-university students to the many kinds of contributions that make open source software development possible, is starting on November 22, 2010. Students worldwide are invited to produce a variety of open source code, documentation, training materials and user experience research for the organizations participating this year. These tasks include:
1. Code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
2. Documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents
3. Outreach: Tasks related to community management and outreach/marketing
4. Quality Assurance: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality
5. Research: Tasks related to studying a problem and recommending solutions
6. Training: Tasks...
Subscribe to Read More
Are You an Educator?
Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eSchool News Today email newsletter