Leviton Launches Two New Fiber Enclosure Lines
Opt-X® 1000i and 500i offer versatile solutions for enterprise networks
May 4, 2011 – Bothell, WA: Leviton today announced the release of its Opt-X 1000i and 500i, two new rack-mount fiber enclosures. The enclosures create an inter-connect or cross-connect between backbone cable and active equipment while using minimum rack space in a frame or cabinet setting, and offer a unique appearance that complements the look of Leviton’s popular Opt-X Ultra Fiber Enclosures.
“The Opt-X 1000i and 500i provide a significant upgrade to our line of rack-mount fiber enclosures,” said Tony Yuen, fiber product manager for Leviton Network Solutions. “The new enclosures give users more options than ever to fit their specific networking needs and budgets.”
The Opt-X 1000i Rack-Mount Enclosure was designed for medium-size applications. It replaces
the Leviton Opt-X 1000 and RDP enclosures and combines the best features of both:
• Available in 1, 2, 3, and 4RU sizes
• Sliding tray (in 1RU and 2RU) with front and rear stop glides forward and backward, providing accessibility to front and rear adapter bulkhead after installation
• Sliding tray removes completely from enclosure for easier field terminations and splicing
• 15-inch depth allows for high-density fiber termination and/or splicing
• Stackable and adjustable fiber rings simplify cable organization
• Front saddles pivot for improved patch cord routing
• Removable front and rear covers create better access to interior of enclosure
• Removable rubber grommet allows for pre-terminated fiber trunk install, protects cable,
and minimizes dust build-up
• Customizable through Leviton’s online make-to-order program: Leviton.com/configurator
The Opt-X 500i Rack-Mount Enclosure replaces the Opt-X 500 and 250 and offers an economical option for small enterprise networks:
• Available in 1, 2, and 3RU sizes
• Flush-mount adapter bulkhead allows for ease of moves, adds, and changes
• Stackable fiber rings simplify cable routing and organization
• One-piece removable cover allows for complete accessibility to the back of the enclosure
and protect fibers
• An add-on patch cord cable management tray (sold separately) mounts to front of the enclosure
The new 500i enclosures is available now, and the 1000i will be available May 16th, both through Leviton’s extensive distribution network. For more information, go to Leviton.com/ns.
ABOUT LEVITON NETWORK SOLUTIONS
Leviton Network Solutions was created more than 25 years ago to meet the growing need for telecommunications and high-speed data technologies. Today, the division is dedicated to producing complete network infrastructure systems for the enterprise, data center, government, education, health care, and residential markets. The division’s copper, fiber, and power solutions include structured cabling systems, enclosures, PDUs, and much more. All Leviton products are engineered to exacting standards and offer guaranteed performance. For more information, visit Leviton.com/ns.
Leviton (www.leviton.com) is a global leader in electrical wiring devices, network connectivity solutions and lighting energy management systems. Leviton was founded in 1906 and has grown to become a preeminent leader in the industry. A progressive family owned and managed company, it is the largest such company in the Americas. Today, Leviton’s product portfolio consists of more than 25,000 devices and systems used in homes, businesses, and other organizations. Nine out of ten buildings throughout North America have Leviton products installed in them and builders, electrical contractors, and other industry professionals rank Leviton products #1 in brand preference. Leviton is the smart choice for professionals and homeowners seeking products and solutions that add value, efficiency, and energy savings to our world.