Based on the Open-Source Learning Management System, Moodle 2, joule 2 Provides a Turnkey Software-as-a-Service Solution to Help Educators Enhance Teaching and Learning Online
Baltimore, MD — Moodlerooms, Inc., Moodle partner and provider of proven e-Learning solutions, has announced the release date, June 6, for joule® 2, the latest and most progressive upgrade of the enterprise e-Learning platform to date. This release combines the capabilities of open source Moodle 2 with a series of Moodlerooms enhancements and dedicated services to expand the choices that administrators, educators and learners have to shape a more connected online learning environment and academic community.
With the release of joule 2 on June 6, 2011, Moodlerooms will make it possible for current and prospective customers to convert courses and content based in core Moodle 1.9 into a Moodle 2 environment. This release also highlights the sustainability of the joule platform by enabling customers to receive major upgrades from the open-source Moodle community and significant feature and functionality improvements from Moodlerooms.
With joule® 2, Moodlerooms’ extends the ability of institutions, schools, corporations and non-profit organizations to:
• Improve fiscal accountability and realize cost savings by avoiding licensing fees and limiting infrastructure investments with open-source software-as-a-service delivery.
• Automate elements of courses and craft personalized learning paths using the Personalized Learning Designer, so that all students have different educational experiences based on their interactions with course content and activities.
• Leverage robust Rubrics to establish standardized scoring for subjective assessments to make grading simpler for educators and more transparent for students.
• Access a more sleek and streamlined user interface and folder view course format that enable more flexible instructional design.
• Harness a more robust reporting engine that provides greater insight into e-Learning programs
“We expect customers to be very excited about the many enhancements available in joule 2, as this release offers affordable access to an extensive, yet intuitive feature set that will help extend the capabilities of their learning environments,” says Moodlerooms VP of Product Strategy, Phillip Miller. “The release of joule 2 represents a major evolution for enterprise Moodle users. In response, Moodlerooms will support early adopters in evaluating their move to joule 2 and provide careful and prescriptive migration paths to ensure a seamless transition for their end users.”
For more information on becoming an early adopter, visit http://bit.ly/m0aa9f.
Moodlerooms provides educators and learners across the globe with adaptable, reliable and affordable e-learning. With turnkey software-as-a-service solutions for Moodle, Moodlerooms’ customers receive the benefits of the most widely-used learning management system in the world with the comfort and assurance that come from enterprise-level enhancements, services, and value-added support. With an unwavering commitment to creating a more effective and engaging education community, Moodlerooms is the CHANGE you want e-learning to be. For more information, visit www.moodlerooms.com.