SIIA Offers New Postsecondary Resource:
The 2011 Experts’ Guide to the Postsecondary Market
Reserve Your Copy Today at http://bit.ly/kjqHkE
Washington, D.C. (June 8, 2011) – Building on the success of its popular Experts’ Guide to the K-12 School Market, the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) has published the Experts’ Guide to the Postsecondary Market, a helpful reference for members of higher education publishing and technology industries who are familiar with the field, and a professional development tool for those new to this market.
Many of the education publishing and technology industries’ brightest thinkers share insights in this first-ever resource for those in higher education. Articles and authors featured include:
- “Pace of Technology Adoption in Higher Ed” by Vineet Madan, vice president, Learning Ecosystems, and James Kourmadas, VP of Strategic Marketing at McGraw-Hill Education
- “Challenges and Opportunities of Implementing Learning on Mobile/Alternative Devices” by Supra Manohar, EVP, Emantras, Inc. and Sesh Kumar, founder and CEO of Emantras, Inc.
- “Advantages of SaaS in Online Higher Education” by Adrian Sannier, VP of product at Pearson eCollege
- “Global Marketing” by Megan Stewart, director, Worldwide Higher Education at Adobe
- “Cloud Computing in Education” by Christopher Bernbrock, program director, IBM Cloud Academy
- “Accessibility by Design” by Stephanie Weeks, senior director of User Experience, Blackboard
Here’s what education industry experts are saying about the SIIA Experts’ Guide to the Postsecondary Market:
“Wish you could get the postsecondary market’s leading thinkers to answer your burning business questions? Other than getting them all in a room on your nickel, you’ll want SIIA’s latest Experts’ Guide. It has it all: informed views from the trenches, academia, customers and vendors; insights into technology trends including eBooks, tablets, virtualization and SaaS; and the latest on international, email and social media marketing. Save money, buy the Guide.” — Nelson B. Heller, Ph.D., president, EdNET/Heller Report
“A must-read for educational technology professionals in the higher education, career, and vocational markets, the Experts’ Guide provides rich market overviews combined with expert commentary from thought leaders in the educational information industry. New participants and experienced players alike will find the Experts’ Guide instructional, insightful, and invaluable as a reference and resource.” — Kurt Gerdenich, VP, Cengage Learning
“The Guide is a valuable repository of information and insights into the trends, technologies and disruptive business models shaping the future of the higher education market.” — Jeff Shelstad, CEO, Flat World Knowledge, Inc.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection for 500 leading software and information companies. For further information, visit www.siia.net.
About SIIA’s Education Division
SIIA’s Education Division serves and represents more than 150 member companies that provide software, digital content and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. SIIA provides a neutral business forum for its members to understand business models, technological advancements, market trends, and best practices. With the leadership of the Division Board, the Postsecondary Sector Board, and collaborative efforts with educators and other stakeholders, the Division undertakes initiatives to enhance the use of educational technology and the success of SIIA members. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.
• Karen Billings, SIIA Communications, 202-289-7442 x1333, email@example.com
• Nate Towne, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x22, firstname.lastname@example.org