Knowledge Delivery Systems Announces New Series of 13 Online Professional Development Courses Created with Solution Tree
New York (June 28, 2011) – Districts face increasing pressure to improve teacher effectiveness and reduce gaps in student achievement. Research shows professional development programs can improve teacher effectiveness and student achievement, yet districts struggle to develop solutions that work. With limited resources available for professional development planning, administrators are forced to make decisions without understanding the true needs of the district. Knowledge Delivery Systems (KDS) takes the guesswork out of professional development by helping districts build strategic professional development programs that achieve real success, and is expanding its range of solutions by developing 13 new courses with Solution Tree, a leading provider of educational strategies and tools that improve staff and student performance.
“In this tight economy districts often struggle with delivering research driven professional development, district-wide,”said Alvin Crawford, CEO of KDS. “Our partnership with Solution Tree enables districts to use online and face-to-face professional development to more effectively reach all teachers and build communities of practice in support of student achievement.”
“For nearly 25 years, Solution Tree’s been more than just a publisher. Beyond books, we have videos, live events and one of the best teams of authors and facilitators who work with schools onsite and via video and web conferencing every day,” explained Jeff Jones, president and CEO of Solution Tree. “By working with KDS to bring our authors into yet another medium, we ensure that even more educators and students can benefit from their work. With these first two courses, Dr. Bob Marzano and the team from Marzano Research Lab explore research and recommendations from his bestselling Highly Engaged Classroom and Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading.”
The 13 new courses and instructors are:
- 21st Century Skills (Jim Bellanc, Ken Kay, and contributors)
- Assessment and the Common Core State Standards (Kay Burke)
- Differentiation and the Brain (David Sousa, Carol Ann Tomlinson)
- Elementary Reading Intervention Strategies (Elaine McEwan-Adkins)
- Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading (Tammy Heflebower, Robert Marzano)
- Grading (Doug Reeves)
- Intro to Professional Learning Communities (Rick DuFour, Rebecca DuFour, and Bob Eaker)
- Motivating and Engaging Students (Robert Marzano, Debra Pickering)
- Response to Intervention (Austin Buffum, Mike Mattos, Chris Weber)
- Teaching Students in Poverty (Ruby Payne)
- Transforming School Culture (Anthony Muhammad)
- Using Web 2.0 in Teaching & Instruction (Bill Ferriter and Adam Garry)
- Vocabulary (Robert Marzano)
Six additional courses will be completed by the end of 2011, with 12 more scheduled to launch in spring 2012.
Founded in 2004, the mission of Knowledge Delivery Systems, Inc., is to provide strategic professional development solutions for teachers, schools, and districts. KDS solutions offer strategies to help close the achievement gap and prepare K-12 students with the skills required for college, and careers in the 21st century. For more information visit www.kdsi.org.
About Solution Tree
Solution Tree is a leading provider of comprehensive, research-based professional development for K–12 educators. For more than 20 years, Solution Tree has worked with the world’s premier authors and brightest minds in education. The company transforms education by empowering educators to successfully address today’s most challenging problems and to create schools where all students succeed. Learn more at www.solution-tree.com.
• Anne Smith, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300, email@example.com