NBC LEARN REFRESHES ITS WEBSITE TO MAKE ITS LEARNING RESOURCES MORE ACCESSIBLE THAN EVER; EXPANDS TEAM TO GROW PRESENCE IN THE HIGHER EDUCATION MARKET
NEW YORK, NY—June 28, 2011— NBC Learn, the educational arm of NBC News, has relaunched its website, www.nbclearn.com, to make its award-winning learning resources more accessible than ever. Building on the resources and services provided on the first edition of the website, the new nbclearn.com is home to over 12,000 video clips from the NBC News Archives, spanning nearly 80 years of historic news coverage, documentary materials and current broadcasts.
New features include:
– Enhanced customer service and support, including free tutorial webinars, training and professional development for educators, and 24/7 technical support services
– Increased accessibility to NBC Learn’s free resources, including “Chemistry Now,” the Emmy-award winning “Science of the Winter Olympics” and “Science of NFL Football”
– Testimonials from educators currently using “NBC LEARN K-12” and “NBC LEARN Higher Ed”
– CueCard media player upgrades, including video closed captioning and enhanced download feature
– Additional sections including “News & Resources” where users can find the latest announcements, awards, conference & event schedules, and news from NBC Learn
– Information about current events in Teaching & Education
– Content feeds from EducationNation.com, which provide the latest information and resources from NBC News’ “Education Nation” initiative
– Direct connections to social media platforms, including NBC Learn’s Facebook page and Twitter account
In addition to the new website, NBC Learn announced today that Bruce Wilson, former publisher at the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc., has joined NBC Learn as a Higher Education Sales Leader. With over 20 years’ worth of business development and sales management experience in the higher education and non-profit industries, Bruce will lead NBC Learn’s sales and marketing strategy in the Higher Education market.
“We are extremely proud of the new website and thrilled that Bruce is coming on board to grow our presence in Higher Education,” said Soraya Gage, Executive Producer of NBC Learn. “We are committed to producing the highest-quality learning resources available and continue to build out our platforms and our people to better serve the education community.”
For more information on NBC Learn, visit http://www.nbclearn.com/or check us out on Facebook: facebook.com/nbclearn.
About NBC Learn
NBC Learn is the educational arm of NBC News dedicated to providing resources for students, teachers, and lifelong learners. The online resources NBC Learn has created for the education community leverages nearly 80 years of historic news coverage, documentary materials, and current news broadcasts. NBC Learn comes in two versions, “NBC LEARN K-12” and “NBC LEARN Higher Ed,” and is available to librarians, media specialists, educators, students, and parents. The resource gives students and teachers access to thousands of video clips from the NBC News archives, including great historic moments—from the Great Depression, to the Space Race, to the latest political coverage. NBC Learn also offers primary source materials, lesson plans and classroom planning resources, and additional text and image resources from our content partners.